Monday, October 29, 2012

Fun Fall Fashion: Scarf Pom Poms

Hurricane Sandy is moving in & boy this wind is a force to be reckoned with.  It is most definitely time to whip out the scarves.  I really love to crochet, so I have my fair share of scarves around the house.  I was trying to think of something to add to scarves to make them a little more fun and I got it!  Pom poms! 












Here is Lydia, my daughter, I talked her into doing some modeling for her Mom; She is a fashionista! :)  She matched the burnt orange scarf with a white jacket. 

If you're not familiar with crocheting scarves, they are really easy to make and the entire project can be completed in a few hours.  Below, I've got a few pictures to show you how to create some pom poms!

1. Your going to need yarn, scissors, a sewing needle, and a pom pom maker (who would have thought!)












2. Thread your needle, and start winding the yarn around the pom pom maker. 

 









3.  Cut around groove and tie off and then trim as necessary to shape them.
4.You can mix colors to make different designs. Then you can also use them to make hair bows, decorate pillows, attach to backpacks and more.
 We hope you like the way we used them!


No comments:

Post a Comment