Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Touch of Peppermint!


On my trip to the grocery store I picked up a new item.  I was thinking, lets give some wintery treats a kiss of mint with Peppermint Flavored Marshmallows!






Winter Treat #1

First, I decided to make an extremely complicated cup of hot chocolate from another lady's recipe. You might know her as Swiss Miss.  Once the Miss' chocolate powder was properly blended with water, I added in the mint marshmallows.  I wanted to be sure and let them start to melt a little before I tried it.  It was a great combo!  The mint flavor made my my mouth tingle a little with each sip.


Winter Treat #2

The next treat I chose was "Operation:  Microwave-Smores".  I wasn't sure if it would work.  To my surprise, it turned out well!  The mint was not overpowering in the least!  It was just right.  Just be sure and don't warm them too long.  It can quickly turn into a mess! 





Maybe you can come up with some ideas to keep toasty during this fridgid weather!  What would you do with these different flavors of marshmallows?









No comments:

Post a Comment