Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Heavenly Stitches


If you are around the Kingsport, TN area and sewing is your thing, there is a family owned quilt, embroidery, and sewing shop that you must see!  Paul and Yvonne Crow opened Heavenly Stitches November 8, 2010.  Starting with only 300 bolts of fabric and dream.  Now as their dream continues to unfold they have more than 3000 bolts of fabric and huge clientel. 




When I first walked in, I was impressed by a lovely lady who greeted me and offered me assistance.  She happened to be the store owner Yvonne.  Instantly, I saw the passion that she has for her work. 

(Right to Left) Paul, Yvonne, and their daughter, Renee
I found the shop to have a large variety of fabric for every occasion, sewing tools, notions, sewing matchines, embroidery kits, books and more. 


























They have a lot of classes lined up! Classes range from learning the basics of a sewing machine to group projects.  My favorite class was the "Womens of Courage" quilt class.  I have never heard of anyone having this class!  Where have I been?? 

Here is a completed Women of Courage quilt that
is made in honor of many different historic heros.  

In this class a group gathers monthly and each person receives a packet of material to make a block(s) for a quilt.  Each packet includes a picture and short story of a true female hero who had courage to pave the way to many opportunities we women have today.

I think it is unique that I was interested in the Women of Courage quilt when right here in this shop I found a true woman of courage who has succeeded in making a dream come true called Heavenly Stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment